Mission & Vision
Garey's School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the counselors at Garey High School is to advocate for all students to achieve academic success and personal wellness in a comprehensive school counseling program while being a system of support for administration, faculty, staff, parents/guardians, and the community. The counselors at Garey High School guide all students toward career and life goals in a diverse global community. The counselors accomplish this by providing innovative classroom lessons, small group, grade-level interactive workshops, support group counseling, and individual meetings with students. We aim for students to flourish and be productive, responsible, and compassionate members of a diverse society.
Garey's School Counseling Program Vision and Beliefs
The Garey High School Counseling Department:
- Believes all students can learn and will be encouraged to pursue life-long learning.
- Believes all students have dignity and worth and the right to access counseling services.
- Believes all students should strive towards healthy relationships.
- Uses data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Considers ethnic, cultural, racial, gender/sexual differences and special needs when planning and implementing an equitable school counseling program.
The vision of the Garey High School Counseling Program is to prepare students to transition successfully from high school to post-secondary education and careers in an ever-changing 21st-century world. Students will acquire the necessary skills in academic, college and career, and social-emotional development so they can contribute meaningfully and productively to society. Through a multi-tiered support system and in partnership with all stakeholders, Garey High School Counselors will empower students to advocate for themselves and others, pursue equality and justice, and embrace life-long learning.