College and Career
Please check back for information, as we will be updating this page regularly.
Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)
Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) are due May 1, 2020 to colleges/universities! If you need to make arrangements to postpone your decision or payment, please contact your college/university directly.
Here are links to the UC and CSU Campuses
Seniors, your Cal-Grant information is available on the California Student Aide Commission's (CSAC) WebGrants4Students site.
- Go to https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/
- Click "Create an Account" for WebGrants4Students, and create your account.
- This is where you can view your Cal Grant award decision. Make sure they have the correct college/institution you intend to attend in the Fall! You can change it by changing the school option.
- Here is an FAQ page: https://www.csac.ca.gov/cal-grant-faq-0
- Here is a COVID-19 page with info for grants: https://www.csac.ca.gov/covid19
- Below are PDFs to help in understanding your award decision.
- Keep checking your colleges' websites to see what they are advising for virtual tours and events (e.g. Virtual open house, live chats, webinars, online presentations, social media events, etc)
- Although the University of California (UC) and California State Universities (CSU) have announced they will not require the SAT/ACT for the Class of 2021 as an admission's requirement, it is highly recommended you still take the SAT and/or ACT (if offered) for other college admissions, scholarship opportunities, and for any other organizations that may require a testing score. Some colleges/universities have not announced their policy on the SAT/ACT as an admission's requirement. It would be best to be prepared, and not limit yourself to any opportunities.
Community College Announcements and Tips
Four-Year College/University Announcements and Updates
University of California (UC)
- If your financial situation has been or will be impacted by COVID-19 in the coming months, contact your college/university campus' financial aid office for an appeal. Evaluations will probably happen later in the summer, and will be handled on a case by case basis. Requirements will vary by campus.
The California State University (CSU)
CSU COVID-19 Impacts on Admissions.pdf
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Announcements & Tips
NCAA Eligibility Center COVID-19 Response FAQs
Understanding My CalGrant & Ineligibility Fact Sheet