March 4, 2020
Dear PUSD Families,
This message is a follow up to the Pomona Unified School District (PUSD) communications that have been posted on the District Web Page at www.pusd.org, regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and health guidelines. As you are aware, COVID-19 is a newly discovered respiratory virus that has been diagnosed in the United States and other countries around the world.
According to Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH), COVID-19 is spread similarly to other illnesses like the flu and common cold, through coughing or sneezing by those who already have it. Symptoms can include fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing. In an effort to promote healthy habits and minimize illness, we wanted to share some helpful guidelines provided by the LACDPH.
LACDPH recommends taking these daily precautions for this or any other illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information, visit the LACDPH’s website at: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
The District’s Health Services Department works closely with the LACDPH in order to maintain a healthy educational environment for students and staff. PUSD adheres to all health policies and guidelines as set forth by LACDPH.
Please know, the safety and wellness of students and staff is our number one priority in PUSD. If we all continue to adhere to the daily precautions as mentioned above, we can help ensure our community remains healthy. Please share this information with your family and caregivers. The District will continue to provide additional updates as needed.
Mark B. Maine Ph.D.
Health Services / Student Wellbeing
Pomona Unified School District
851 S. Hamilton Blvd.
Pomona, CA 91766